In this first video children will learn the greeting ‘good morning’ in Spanish: Buenos días.
In the second video we will learn about the sizes big (grande) and small (pequeño) and the animals elephant (elefante) and mouse (ratón)
- Remember to greet your child in the morning in Spanish too. If your child is confident tell others (family, friends teachers at nursery) she/he can greet them in Spanish too to expand the use of language and feel proud about it.
- Take all the opportunities you get to ask your child about sizes: ¿es grande o pequeño? ¿es grande,mediano o pequeño? (is it big or small?)
On our trip to the city we will be learning what can we find in the city: what’s there in the city? (¿Qué hay en la ciudad?).
in the city there are… (en la ciudad hay autobuses) the bus (el autobus)
There are taxis (hay taxis) the taxi (el taxi)
There are tubes (hay el metro) the tube (el metro)
- Take the language outside, ask your child what the different vehicles or transport he/she sees are called in Spanish.
- Once they are confident with vocabulary encourage them to say a sentence: es un coche/tren … you could ask:¡Mira! ¿Qué es eso? (look! waht is that)
- If you can ask more things about the vehicles, do: ¿es grande,mediano o pequeño?